Bolyai200 Artă-Science Fest is an international interdisciplinary cultural festival that combines multiple artistic and scientific activities: interdisciplinary creation contest for high school students, conference, panel discussions, visual arts workshop, theater performance, organ and violin concert, wine tasting, and so on.
The event brings to the center of attention the personality of János Bolyai, who on November 3, 1823, in Timișoara, wrote the famous statement: "from nothing I have created another new world", announcing the discovery of Bolyai's theorem of hyperbolic geometry and Euclidean geometry. Through this festival, a local value of global value is promoted, but also the message from this statement that can be a guide even today. The approach is interdisciplinary and combines science with art in agreement with the personality itself, the family of Bolyai who was concerned with various scientific areas and arts. The festival is open to the general public, its theme aims to inspire today's citizens and develop local identity.
The 200th anniversary of the Bolyai letter in 2023 is also included in the UNESCO calendar of events, but the common intention of the partners is to create an interdisciplinary cultural festival, organized regularly.
Friday, November 3
- 10:00 Creative workshop and competition, Noul Mileniu Reformed Center, club
- 16:30 Bolyai and Timișoara – cultural tour, departure from the UVT parking lot
- 17:30 Space, by István Kocsis, Hungarian State Theater "Csiky Gergely"
- 19:30 Bolyai Memorial, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 20:00 Organ concert: Bach, Handel, Liszt, Brahms, with Ciurtin Viorel, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 20:40 Welcome Reception
Saturday, November 4
- 9:00 – 13:00 Scientific sessions, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch break, Casa Calfelor Kolping (Str. Doctor Ioan Bontilă 12-14)
- 15:00 – 17:10 Scientific sessions, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 17:10 – 17:30 Tea and coffee break
- 17:30 – 20:00 Scientific sessions, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 15:00 – 15:30 From the Penrose tilings I've built the Poincaré Universe, exhibition by Dr. Renate Quehenberger , New Millennium Reformed Center, basement
- 15:30 – 17:10 Origami Workshop, with Dr. Renate Quehenberger, New Millennium Reformed Center, basement
- 17:30 – 19:00 Tactile geometry, exhibition and workshop with Dr. Lajos Szilassi, New Millennium Reformed Center, basement
- 18:20 – 19:40 Téglásy Sándor presents the volume Dutch-Hungarian Protestant Relations between the Two World Wars, by Maarten J. Aalders, New Millennium Reformed Center, attic
- 19:00 – 19:40 Reading performances, New Millennium Reformed Center, club
- 20:00 Paganini violin recital, with Antonio-Leonard Agigheoleanu, New Mileniu Reformed Center, church
- 20:45 Dinner & wine tasting
Sunday, November 5
- 9:00 – 10:40 Scientific sessions, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 10:40 – 11:00 Tea and coffee break
- 11:00 – 12:15 Scientific sessions and workshops, New Millennium Reformed Center, church
- 12:15 – 12:45 Awards. Closing of the event, New Millennium Reformed Center, concert hall