Timișoara Nord railway station (originally Timișoara-Iosefin) is the city's main railway station and also the largest railway station in the western region of Romania. The first station building was inaugurated in 1897. It was built in neoclassical style after the design of the Hungarian architect Ferenc Pfaff. On 3 July 1944 the station was heavily damaged in the Allied air raid on the city. On the night of 30-31 October 1944, the station was bombed again, this time by the Luftwaffe, destroying the last standing structures.
Reconstruction of the station was partly carried out according to the original plans. By the 1960s the east wing of the old building was still standing, but in 1976 it was modernised and the architectural style radically changed.