The Intercultural Institute of Timisoara (IIT) is a non-governmental organisation, autonomous and without financial profit, with educational, cultural, civic and scientific activity, without political goals, that promotes intercultural values, active citizenship and respect for human rights.
The Intercultural Institute of Timisoara is developing projects for a wide rage of beneficiaries in Romania and abroad:
• Intercultural education, civic education and human rights education programs for teachers and youth;
• Media monitoring and stereotype deconstruction programs for journalists;
• Intercultural communication trainings with public authorities and migrants;
• Civil society development actions at local, national and international level;
• Programs for social inclusion of minorities (especially focused on Roma);
• Development of mechanisms for the integration of migrants;
• Research on cultural and educational policies, Roma inclusion, minorities and intercultural competence.